2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Revealing the 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD to Alberta
When the job demands serious heavy-duty performance and power, the Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD perform. The 2016 GMC Sierra HD shows how our “Never Say Never” approach to engineering can transform working harder into working smarter. The 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 is a truck that is as professional as you are. Be it in the rigs north of Edmonton, or in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, from Calgary to Fort Macleod, this is the truck that you need to get the job done right on the work site in Alberta. Located in Airdrie, we supply a diverse workforce with the tools they need, so our product must meet the demand of every job.
Look no further than Davis Chevrolet GMC Buick in Airdrie for the GMC Sierra HD you've been looking for. GMC Sierra HD shoppers come from Calgary, Okotoks, High River and Strathmore to shop at Davis Lethbridge because of our customer service and attention to detail. Our reputation for being the best Auto Group in Alberta allows us to have an outstanding selection of vehicles, so that you will get the truck that you need for your work force.
Take one look inside the new 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD and you’ll see clearly why this is the new standard in truck interiors. Sierra’s interior brings comfort, refinement and convenience to a whole new level.
Detailed craftsmanship, driver-centric design and quality appointments make the new 2016 Sierra 2500HD a cut above other trucks with available:
- Durable, soft-touch instrument panel materials and door trim
- Aluminum trim on instrument panel, steering wheel and center console
- Contrasting stitching
- Denali-exclusive perforated leather-appointed seating with unique Denali identification
A NEW STANDARD OF QUIET
Sierra HD’S cabin is engineered to provide you and your passengers a noticeably quiet interior. Features contributing to cabin quietness include:
- New inlaid door designs which reduce wind noise
- Triple door seals which block outside noise
- Hydraulic powertrain and body mounts minimize vibration and road input
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
From the exceptional storage space in the center console, to connectivity and convenience features, Sierra 2500HD is designed to give you the comfort you deserve and the flexible functionality you need. Features include:
- A center console big enough to store hanging file folders, laptops and much more
- Dual-density seat foam that holds its shape longer and keeps you comfortable
- Larger controls that are easy to reach and read
- USB1 ports and 12V charging outlets
- Available 110V power outlet
- Improved rear seat legroom on crew cab models
- Locking under-seat storage on SLE models with front bench seating
From innovative cargo box features, to striking new styling featuring details that make it truly stand apart, the 2016 Sierra 2500HD earns its respect by example.
UNMATCHED CARGO BOX INNOVATION
The 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD shows how our “Never Say Never” approach to engineering can transform working harder into working smarter. With innovative, intuitive features including:
- A CornerStep rear bumper provides easy access to the box
- Four standard upper tie-downs help you manage cargo of many shapes and sizes
- Available LED box lighting to help you see inside when a tonneau cover is installed or when a flashlight isn’t handy
- Available EZ Lift and Lower tailgate
AVAILABLE SPRAY-IN BEDLINER
Protect your truck bed from scratches and dents with our durable spray-in bedliner.
- Textured, non-skid surface
- Covers bed surfaces below the bed rails
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
It’s the little things that set the new Sierra HD and Denali HD apart. Distinctive styling elements include:
- Projector headlamps
- LED signature front lighting (SLT and Denali)
- Chrome grille surround
- Available 20-inch forged polished aluminum wheels (2500HD models)
- Wheel arch moldings
- Available rear wheelhouse liners
- Available chrome belt moldings
TRAILERING AND HAULING
We engineered the new 2016 Sierra 2500HD to exceed your performance expectations, pushing it to the limit to deliver the kind of capability you demand in Alberta.
Trailer confidently with Sierra 2500HD:
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity of 14,500 lbs
- Maximum 5th wheel trailering capacity of 17,900 lbs
- Maximum payload of 4,306 lbs
Sierra 2500 HD puts trailer safety and control at your fingertips:
- Standard Trailer Sway Control Technology keeps both you and your trailer heading in the proper direction, automatically using sensors to detect the rocking of a swaying trailer, and then applying the brakes to bring it back in line
- Available integrated trailer brake controller is located close to the steering wheel for easy adjustments and displays the level of brake force or “gain” in the Driver Information Center
To let you engage an extra measure of braking confidence on long grades, or in Tow/Haul mode, Sierra 2500HD utilizes various technologies to ensure you stay at the desired speeds:
- The available diesel exhaust brake uses engine compression to create “negative torque” to help slow the vehicle
- Grade Braking which automatically senses when you want to slow down, and when the conditions are met, engages a Grade Braking shift schedule to help you maintain your desired speed
- 4-wheel disc brakes
available Trailering Equipment gives you the capability to trailer just about anything. Equipment includes:
- Trailering hitch platform
- 2.5” receiver with 2” adapter
- 7-pin and 4-pin connectors
The available 8” diagonal Color-Touch radio with IntelliLink4 lets you customize your media and connect to your world. Standard on SLE, SLT and Denali, features include:
- 8” diagonal customizable color-touch screen
- Natural Language voice command
- My Media connects media libraries from multiple devices
- Customizable ‘Favorites’ lets you save albums, songs, artists, destinations and contacts
- Bluetooth connectivity
- SmartPhone integration for hands-free calling and phone book access
- Ability to stream Pandora® Internet Radio
REAR VISION CAMERA
The available Rear Vision Camera helps to provide more clarity and peace of mind while manoeuvring and parking your Sierra – even in the tightest of spots. It helps provide a view behind the vehicle, which is displayed in the radio screen.
DENALI CUSTOMIZABLE DRIVER DISPLAY
The 2016 Sierra Denali HD puts absolute control at your fingertips. The standard reconfigurable 8-inch diagonal display in the instrument cluster provides an intuitive way to customize your vehicle information and media displays.
We built the Sierra 2500HD to deliver everything you expect from a heavy duty truck–and then we exceeded those expectations with the most powerful Sierra ever.
DURAMAX DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
The advanced Duramax diesel in the Sierra 2500HD delivers 397 hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful Sierra ever. Paired with the sophisticated Allison 1000 Series Transmission with overdrive, this powertrain also offers a maximum highway range of up to 680 miles on a single fill-up.
ALLISON 1000 SERIES TRANSMISSION
The enhanced Allison 1000 is strengthened to handle the higher torque capability of the 6.6L Duramax engine, while also helping improve fuel economy and provide seamless assistance with the exhaust brake system.
Over 1.2 million have been sold. Plus, it’s produced by the same company that makes transmissions for military operations.
DIRECT INJECTION TECHNOLOGY
For faster starts in cold weather, quieter operation and maximum efficiency, the direct injection system helps Sierra 2500HD start in as little as 3.0 seconds at -40ºC and operates at nearly 30,000 psi to turn heavy diesel fuel into a fine mist, burning cleaner and faster with lower emissions and greater power than the previous model.
Sierra 2500HD delivers a smoother ride with a fully independent coil-over-shock front suspension and 3-inch wide multistage rear leaf springs, which engage progressively as the load in the bed or on the hitch increases.
VARIABLE VALVE TIMING
For strong, steady power to bold acceleration on the highway, the 6.0L V8 with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) is up to any task by:
- Delivering power when needed and efficiency when less power is called for
- Monitoring and opening and closing valves for near peak levels of torque across the entire range of engine speeds
EATON AUTOMATIC LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
No other competitor in Sierra HD's class offers a fully automatic locking rear differential for on or off-road use.
- Delivers added traction in driving and wheel-slip situations
- Senses a difference in speed between left and right rear wheels then locks to turn both wheels in unison
DRIVER CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
Stay confidently in command of your truck and whatever you may be hauling or trailering with these intelligent control features:
- Available Hill Descent Control allows for a controlled descent in rough terrain without use of the brake pedal
- StabiliTrak with traction control helps you stay on course, even during sudden manoeuvres, by intelligently managing braking and throttle to help keep the vehicle on its intended path
- Automatic Locking Rear Differential for increased traction
- Driver Shift Control lets you shift gears up and down with the tap of the shift selector