2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV in Airdrie, AB
The next generation of automotive technology is on the cusp of arriving at the Davis Chevrolet showroom. The 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV is poised to be a long-time leader in the electric vehicle revolution coming to the automotive industry. To be sure, an electric pickup truck is going to have some challenging perceptions to overcome in the minds of future buyers. Our manufacturing partner has spent untold time and resources developing this technology to make sure it’s customer-ready right out of the gate. Follow along with Davis Chevrolet as we take an early look at what we can expect to see when the 2024 Silverado EV is finally available for sale or lease.
2024 Silverado EV Features & Equipment
Electric Battery Technology
An innovative platform requires a lot of innovative technology. General Motors and Chevrolet have developed a groundbreaking, all-new battery system that will provide more than enough performance and capability to future 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV owners. When the first-generation Silverado EV is available, it will be capable of providing:
- 640 km of driving range (WT and RST trims)
- Maximum of 660 horsepower and 780 pound-feet of torque
- 0-95 km/h time of under 4.5 seconds
- DC fast charging compatible
Haul Cargo with Ease
Chevrolet has more than a century of truck-building experience. Every single piece of that hard-earned knowledge has gone into informing the development of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV. Take a look at these innovative features available with the coming electrified pickup truck:
- Multi-Flex Mid-Gate: There is no telling what kind of items will be hauled in the back of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV. To accommodate items up to 3 meters (10 feet) long, the Multi-Flex Mid-Gate with Pass-Through can be folded down to extend the truck’s cargo bed into the rear of the passenger cabin.
- 60/40 Split Rear Seat: Every 2024 Silverado EV offers a rear seat. Those seats can be folded down to expand the amount of hauling volume available.
- Standard Bed: The 2024 Silverado EV still functions as a so-called “normal” pickup truck with a standard cargo bed measuring 5-foot-11.
Silverado EV Front Truck
The most notable feature of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV is actually something that isn’t found at all, a gasoline (or diesel) powered engine. So, what will happen to the space that was formerly used at the engine bay? Chevrolet engineers have turned it into a front trunk with more than enough storage space for a lot of luggage and other cargo.
Driving, Maneuvering & Towing Capability
More Towing Capacity
Super Cruise technology has been around the GM family of vehicles for a while. The 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV will make excellent use of this semi-autonomous driving system that is capable of being used on more than 320,000 km (200,000 miles) of highways across Canada and the United States.
Standard Chevrolet Safety Assist
Something that will never change with the way Chevrolet approaches vehicle design is the automaker’s commitment to driver and passenger safety. One of the outcomes of all of the available technology in the automotive industry is that driving is safer than ever. The Chevrolet Safety Assist suite of active safety systems can help drivers avoid potentially dangerous situations before problems occur in the first place. Chevrolet Safety Assist is comprised of the following systems:
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Lane Keep Assist w/ Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Alert
- Intellibeam® High Beam Assist
- Following Distance Indicator
Everyone at Davis Chevrolet is beyond excited for the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV to arrive at our showroom. Initial numbers will be limited, so anyone interested in taking one of these incredible trucks home as soon as possible should make an appointment with one of our product experts, today. Also, don’t forget to stop by the Davis Chevrolet Service Department to schedule your Silverado EV’s first round of scheduled maintenance.